- Q1 2005 22.1 thousand subscribers added 22.1 thousand total subscribers
- Q2 2005 35.4 thousand subscribers added 57.5 thousand total subscribers
- Q3 2005 34.6 thousand subscribers added 92.1 thousand total subscribers
- Q4 2005 114.5 thousand subscribers added 206.6 thousand total subscribers
- Q1 2006 43.7 thousand subscribers added 250.3 thousand total subscribers
- Q2 2006 17.2 thousand subscribers added 267.5 thousand total subscribers
- Q3 2006 36.9 thousand subscribers added 304.4 thousand total subscribers
- Q4 2006 78.6 thousand subscribers added 383.0 thousand total subscribers
Telefonica has made a strong commitment to Pay TV. In addition to its Imagenio IPTV service in Spain, it is currently working on bringing IPTV to its Latin American subsidiaries. It also operates cable and satellite TV systems in Latin America. Its total pay TV subscriber base grew to 1.064 million subscribers at the end of 2006 from 683.2 thousand at the end of 2005.
You can find Telefonica's fourth quarter presentation at http://www.telefonica.es/investors/.
Telefonica has an aggressive IPTV program. It is the number three IPTV provider in Europe after Free and France Telecom. We expect that the growth of its IPTV subscribers will continue strong in 2007. We also expect to see it introduce IPTV services in Latin America in 2007, starting in Brazil.