Friday, August 10, 2007

Photos of ATT IED

Light Reading posted a set of photos of the Alcatel-Lucent VDSL remote that exploded in Houston, Texas in October 2006. In a second article, Light Reading stated that it appears that the battery may have been the source of the explosion.

This event resonated with me. I received a letter last October asking if AT&T could place one of these cabinets in my front yard. The City of San Francisco does not want them on the sidewalks.

The box would have been much closer to my house than with the unit that exploded in Houston. I could have suffered significant damage if this had happened on my property.

There is still no sign of the VDSL mux being installed to serve my neighborhood. I was told that this was scheduled to have happened at the end of January.

No comments: