Monday, August 18, 2008

Widevine to Protect CinemaNow Internet TV Content

CinemaNow selected Wdevine to protect the delivery of its Hollywood movies, TV shows, and music videos to consumer electronics devices and PCs. These consumer electronics devices will be sold in retail with CinemaNow's CE Store application and Widevine's content security software. These consumer devices include game consoles and Blu-ray disc players from major consumer electronics companies.

This move by CinemaNow will bring over the top IPTV content to the TV. This will create significant competition to the Telco IPTV services. The Telcos need to incorporate services like this with their IPTV service or be left behind.

I plan to test this service when I can get an attractive device to bring it to my TV. I will be deploying an 802.11n network in my home to get ready. I will let you know how it goes.

No comments: